This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Custom Appointment Dialog

7 Answers 131 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 07 Jul 2012, 01:56 PM
ok...this "throw away line" in teh documentation for custom appoitnemnts in radcheduleView has me tearing my hair out

Now that we have our custom IsDone property, let's add a CheckBox for it and bind to it. First, you need to generate the code for the EditAppointment dialog from Expression Blend. Then, add the following snippet in the ControlTemplate of the dialog: 

Well the themes fail to load in blend, complaining about the reference to 
xmlns:external="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.External"

So what's the easiest way to extract the metro style EditAppointment dialog?

[Even a sample project of the FULL code described in the documentation would help]

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 09:36 AM
Hello Michael,

You could get all the themes from your installation folder - usually it is C://Program Files/Telerik/RadControls for WPF [version]/Themes/WPF40/. Just drill down to the theme that you're using and open Telerik.Windows.Controls.ScheduleView.xaml file - from there you can extract the EditAppointmentDialogStyle.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Yana
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 10:59 AM
Thanks Yana

I've been trying exactly what you suggest, but it seems it's a bit beyond my capabilities!

lots of references outside of the EditAppointmentDialogStyle and all too confusing (which is why I was relying on getting Blend to extract it!?

I dont guess there's a sample extracted from some code library somewhere?
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2012, 01:53 PM
Hi Michael,

I have prepared a sample project that has all of the needed metro theme resources declared in the Window.Resources. There shouldn't be any unexpected behavior when editing the EditAppointmentDialogStyle.

All the best,
Vladi
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 04:06 AM
ok and thanks but...think you forgot the link?
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 07:12 AM
Hello Michael,

Please take my apologies.

I have attached the sample project for you.

Regards,
Vladi
the Telerik team

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks Vladi...I'll get to cutting it up!!

BTW (unrelated item but...)

I am trying to introduce a ribbonview in the same app, but can't get it to display. it's in a usercontrol but not the first element on the page... someone suggested this may be the cause of it not showing on the page?

Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2012, 07:12 AM
Hello Michael,

Can you provide us with more details on what exactly is the scenario with the RibbonView in your project? If you can give us some sample code it would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Vladi
the Telerik team

Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1