This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cordova Hybrid And NativeScript

2 Answers 18 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Safeguard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Safeguard asked on 05 Apr 2016, 06:04 AM

Hi!  
Trying to understand
What is the difference between develop an app with Cordova Hybrid and develop with NativeScript.
What are the implications, development process, and in terms of application capabilities.

I would love to your help!

Thank you!

Tehila

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Safeguard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2016, 10:13 AM
I'd love to get help with! Reference article / video explains ..?
Thanks!
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2016, 09:33 AM
Hi,

We already replied in the AppBuilder forum thread you opened on the same question. You can find a detailed comparison between both approaches in the Hybrid or NativeScript—Choosing the Path for You tutorial. Developing hybrid app in Telerik Platform would mean that you will build an app leveraging Cordova. In Cordova native device functionality can be accessed through plugins. Please check Cordova Verified Plugins for more details. 

In addition, in terms of general guidance and support resources, there are different options we can offer: 

-       What is hybrid mobile app?
- Building Polished Mobile Apps with Telerik UI for NativeScript
My NativeScript Experience -       the Interactive Tutorials available within the Telerik Platform portal.
-       the Sample apps
-       the Telerik Platform documentation

Regards,
Dimitrina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Safeguard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Safeguard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dimitrina
Telerik team