This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

close my app source-code?

1 Answer 35 Views
Feedback & Suggestions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
wee
Top achievements
Rank 1
wee asked on 11 Jul 2012, 12:50 PM
hi,

I'm new to Icenium but I'm really excited with it's online building system, and Mist is really handy. :D

but I did some tests and I noticed that my app's are unpakaged/extracted in my Android's SDCard, and so everybody has easy access to its sources. 

isn't it possible to read the sources (html/css/resources) from inside the apk instead of the filesystem?

I believe this has something to do with the menu button that hot-reloads the most updated sources from the web. this resource is awesome during development, but I would like to remove it from final/production versions. I haven't found any doc about disabling this feature.

just in case that reading from the filesystem is really mandatory (due to the internal implementation constraints), I suggest applying some kind of uglifying/minifying step over the css and js files during the apk assembly. 

thanks in advance,

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
sdobrev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 07:40 PM
Hi wee,

Thanks for your kind words about our product. We are also very excited about it.

Now onto your questions. The reason why we need the files on the device's storage is to enable the LiveSync support. As you have noted those files will be there only when you are building and debugging the application. We are currently working on "Publish to App store /Marketplace" functionality that will produce release builds ready for submissions. In those release bits the files will be bundled in the apk file.

Regarding your other request about minifying/uglifying scripts files it is something we have been discussing internally in the team for some time now. It is definitely in our backlog, so stay tuned.

Have a great day.
Tags
Feedback & Suggestions
Asked by
wee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
sdobrev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question