This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Client side API

3 Answers 62 Views
TreeList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jerome Prunera-Usach
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jerome Prunera-Usach asked on 11 Apr 2011, 07:52 PM
Hello,

I am having a lot of difficulties finding information on the client API for the TreeList control.
I kept reading threads where Telerik staff was replying that the client side API would come soon and be greatly improved etc.

I am trying to achieve something very "simple" and I honestly thought it would be native in such a control. I want to be able to get the datakey information of a dataitem on the double click event. I can get to the item itself, but then either I am missing something in the various documentations, or it is impossible.

Is there a way to, on the client side, get the datakey value of the selected item ? (Native or not)

My Telerik ASP.NET AJAX version: v.2011.1.315.35

Thank You,

Jerome Prunera-Usach

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi Jerome,

Indeed we are planning to extend the TreeList Client API for the next major release of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX (including with support for getting the datakey value of an item client-side).
For now one possible workaround would be to manually traverse the cells in the tree list table and get the relevant value if present. The easiest way would be if the first column in the TreeList holds the datakey value. The you can access this td cell element by its class name: rtlFC and get its value. 

Greetings,
Marin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 12:04 PM
Wow, I've just started using the RadTreeList and had assumed that if it was available it would be a completed product.  Not including the ability to get the data id on the client side is nothing short of ridiculous!

Come on guys.  Stop fobbing beta software off onto us.  If you need to have more time to get components complete then start doing what devexpress do and have fewer but more complete releases each year.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jun 2011, 03:51 PM
Hello Jon,

Thank you for your feedback, we will take it into account.
Also, if you find another missing features in RadTreeList that you would need for such a control, feel free to share your thoughts with us.

Regards,
Iana
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
TreeList
Asked by
Jerome Prunera-Usach
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1