This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Checked Items

1 Answer 51 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
Don asked on 01 Jun 2011, 01:22 AM
How do I get the actual checked items of the tree view. When I look at the checked items property I get the checked item and all the parents that are above it. So if I have an item selected one level down the checked items property says that there are two selected. If I walk the items I have no way to determine if it is the actual item that is checked or not. Can I disable the 'roll up' property or is there a way to determine the actual item or items that are checked?

Don

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2011, 01:51 PM
Hello Don,

In order to access the initially checked item in tri state mode, a new EventArgs class was introduced with the Q2 SP1 release - RadTreeViewCheckEventArgs which inherits RadRoutedEventArgs and contains the boolean property  IsUserInitiated. This property indicates whether the item is the initially checked one.

Therefore, when handling the Checked() event you can cast the e parameter (of type RadRoutedEventArgs) to RadTreeViewCheckEventArgs and if the IsUserInitiated property is true, then the source of the event is the initially checked item. You can find more info in this forum thread.

Is this what you had in mind?

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Share this question
or