This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Charts:

1 Answer 33 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kadem Engin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kadem Engin asked on 13 Jan 2011, 05:33 PM
I'm using WPF controls version 2010.3.1110.40 for .NET 4 with Visual Studio 2010.

Program Definition: I have 3 or more series to plot and which one to plot is depends on what is checked. In my real program, all my series have different units, so I put them all on different Y-axes (AdditionalYAxes).

Root of all evil: I was not able to get white and gray stripes on the chart area without having one of the series associated with the default Y-axis...

=====
Solution 1: Keep all series where they are and try to find a way to get the stripes to show up. I updated to 2010.3.1110.40 in the process of trying to get this working. I still can't get the stripe... I also want to stay in the lates version.
Problem 1:
Updating from an earlier version of WPF controls, I picked up an undefined default Y-axis.
Attached: ChartIssue1.jpg
=====
Solution 2: 
Using 2010.3.1110.40, I select one of the series depending on which one(s) are picked, and associate it with the default Y-axis. White and gray stripes are showing up now. 
Problem 2: The axis TITLE for the default Y-axis is not changing!!! If commented code below is uncommented, X-axis title changes as the series selected changes, but not the Y-axis...

AxisY temp = new AxisY();
temp = radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AdditionalYAxes[0];
radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AdditionalYAxes.RemoveAt(0);
radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY = temp;
//radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisX.Title = temp.Title;

Attached: ChartIssue2.jpg.
=====

I have solutions as well. I can send them if requested.
I would like to get stripes to work. If not, I don't want the default Y-axis...

Thanks for your time,

Kadem

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2011, 08:09 AM
Hello Kadem,

Based on the supplied information, it is hard to determine what is causing this unwanted behavior. To properly address the issue, it will be best if you open a formal support ticket, and send us a small working project, demonstrating your present setup, along with the unwanted behavior. We will debug it locally, and advise you further.

Best wishes,
Yavor
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Kadem Engin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor
Telerik team
Share this question
or