This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

5 Answers 400 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
jt
Top achievements
Rank 1
jt asked on 23 Feb 2007, 07:34 AM
I have deployed the r.a.d.editor for MOSS but I am encountering the following error in FireFox when I attempt to view a page that has a rich text editor control:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.]
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.ReduceVirtualPath(String path) +3527382
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Reduce(String path) +84
System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative) +355
System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveClientUrl(String relativeUrl) +196
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.IsCssPathRegistered(String path) +187
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.RegisterCssFile(String path) +50
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.RenderRuntimeSkin() +64
Telerik.RadEditorUtils.RadControl.Page_PreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) +2010324
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1566

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2007, 04:37 PM
Hello jt,

Thank you for reporting this. We will investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Dimitar Milushev
the telerik team
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 05 Mar 2007, 01:35 PM
I had this problem using the tabstrip.
It turned out to be a problem with the way I referenced the stylesheet in my masterpage.

was:
<link href="../styles/s.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

changing the reference solved the problem:
<link href="/styles/s.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

jt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Mar 2007, 02:49 AM
I did a check on the pages where the Telerik r.a.d editor is throwing an exception and it appears that the following is generated on the SharePoint 2007 page:
<!--mstheme--><link id="ctl00_onetidThemeCSS" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../_themes/Cardinal/Card1011-65001.css" />

Is this causing the problem? If so how can I remove the link from the SharePoint 2007 page.  Thanks.

JT
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 06 Mar 2007, 02:46 PM
Hi JT,

As it was already pointed, you probably have a wrong stylesheet declaration on your page. if it is possible, try removing the css file declaration and see if the error goes away.

Best wishes,
Lini
the telerik team
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Mar 2007, 01:41 AM
Hi guys,

I tried the r.a.d.editor today and had the same issue. Tracking down the bug, I found it came from how we implemented a custom master page combined with a custom theme.

JT is correct,  the line below is the error (view source using IE). <!--mstheme--><link id="ctl00_onetidThemeCSS" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../_themes/Cardinal/Card1011-65001.css" />
It's generated by SharePoint, from a line in your custom masterpage:
<meta name="Microsoft Theme" content="customtheme 1011, default">
The "customtheme" name will be your theme name.

It's not needed if you referenced your theme css files elsewhere in your masterpage, from root as Morten71 points out. I just commented out the meta tag above in my custom masterpage and the error went away.

Really great web part btw telerik! I'm going to blog about it for sure.

Hope this helps!
Steven.

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
jt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
Morten