This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Calendar format

3 Answers 27 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Giblin
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Giblin asked on 11 Mar 2013, 02:27 PM
I specify the format in my radcalendar to be mm/dd/yyyy.  In Ie is first displays as one format then quickly changes to the desired format.  Seems like it is doing this client side/  anyway to fix that?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Mar 2013, 06:36 AM
Hello John,

The main control you are using is RadCalendar or RadDatePicker? I believe its RadDatePicker because RadCalendar does not have a DateFormat property. If you are using the RadDatePicker, please have a look into the following mark-up.

ASPX:
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server">
    <DateInput runat="server" DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy">
    </DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

Thanks,
Shinu.
John Giblin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2013, 08:19 PM
Yes it is the datepicker.  My Code is very similar.  The date formart appears as 2013-.3-10 00;00;00 then apears as 3/10/2012. In some cases it overlays one format over. This happens in IE 9

<telerik:RadDatePicker Enabled="false" ID="t1dpSupplierPremierDate" runat="server"
                                                                Width="160px" DatePopupButton-Visible="false" ShowPopupOnFocus="true">

<dateinput runat="server"  DisplayDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy"></dateinput>
                                                            </telerik:RadDatePicker>

and the code behind
is 
t1dpSupplierPremierDate.SelectedDate =DateTime.Now;

Kostadin
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2013, 12:12 PM
Hello John,

I was not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I prepared a video where you could see that on my end everything work as expected. Could you please let me know how my code differs from your real setup?

All the best,
Kostadin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
John Giblin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
John Giblin
Top achievements