This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Calendar?

6 Answers 38 Views
General Discussion
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Joerg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joerg asked on 04 Aug 2014, 03:03 AM
Hi Teleri Team,

any information when the calendar control is ready? Instead of building to different apps for WP 8.1 and Win8.1(XAML) I would prefer to build a Universal app in first place.

Thanks and kind regards,

Joerg

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2014, 10:56 AM
Hello Joerg,
Thank you very much for your interest in UI for Windows Universal. A Calendar is definitely in our plans as it plays an important role in our cross-platform offering. With Q3 2014 (October) we will release it for the Windows 8.1 part of universal windows apps. Soon after will make it truly universal so it can be used in Windows Phone 8.1 applications. 

I was wondering if you could share what kind of components you'd need for your Windows applications. Our product roadmap is driven by customer feedback so I'd be glad if you could share what types of applications are you building/planning to build for Windows Store.

I'd be glad to continue the discussion further.

Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2014, 10:32 AM
Hi Telerik Team.

I really need calendar control. So if you could priorize this Universal control in your roadmap, to release before finals of August, then I really apreciate it. 

Regards,
Daniel Martin
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2014, 01:58 PM
Hi Daniel,

The Universal Calendar control is to be released with our official release at the end of October. We will consider sending Beta bits update for our early adopters before the official release. If interested you can send email to universalwindows [at] telerik [dot] com.

Keep in mind, that these bits would still be in Beta. While you can use them to get acquainted with the API and prove that the control will be suitable for your needs, you will not be able to use it in production apps. Thus, you will need to upgrade once we release the official version in October.

Regards,
Tsvyatko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Joerg
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2014, 07:14 AM
Hi Kiril,

sorry for the late answer and thank you very much for your reply. In our case, the main focus is on the Calendar control. We are having several pending project which are relying on it, cause there is no MS like XAML calendar control.
If possible, I also would like to see the RadDataStorage in Windows Universal.

If I could access the mentioned Beta bits, I would test the controls with our projects.

Kind regards,
Joerg

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Aug 2014, 09:42 AM
Hi again.

We need the Beta too. Some of our projects are waiting for this control. So if you could send us this beta, our projects and we are happier.

Regards.
Daniel
Rosy Topchiyska
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Daniel,

If you would like to receive an internal build when new features and controls are added to the suite, please, send an email to universalwindows [at] telerik [dot] com, so that we can include you in our early adopters program.

Regards,
Rosy Topchiyska
Telerik

Tags
General Discussion
Asked by
Joerg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1