Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Martin asked on 12 Nov 2021, 07:31 AM

I've just updated Telerik and are now getting this compile time error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error XDG0047 The specified value cannot be assigned. The following type was expected: "IFilteringControl". Modelkatalog.Client C:\develop\data-tool-modelkatalog\Modelkatalog.Client\Controls\List\CarVariantsList.xaml 1

I'm getting this error from 2 XAML documents that both implement a custom Fitler for the RadGridView 

I didn't get this error before, and I'm still able to compile and run the project - which kind of defeat the purpose of [Severity: Error]

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
answered on 16 Nov 2021, 01:12 PM

Hello Martin,

Thank you for the provided images and error.

I tried to replicate the same issue at my end using the code from the Custom Filtering Controls article, however, I do not observe any errors both during design time and upon running the application.

Can you please have a look and let me know if I'm missing something of importance?

If that is not the case, I assume that some Visual Studio caching might be taking place. You can try the troubleshooting steps listed in the Resolving Design Time Errors article and see if they resolve the error.

Please let me know how this goes.

Regards,
Dilyan Traykov
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
commented on 08 Dec 2021, 11:18 AM

The errors have gone away after clearing various caches. 

so it seems like you were right.  :-)

thanks !

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by