This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Bind Rad Scheduler To two Different Datasources

8 Answers 260 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
smith spd asked on 04 Jun 2010, 06:33 PM

Hello Telerik Team,

I have a requirement where i need to bind the Radscheduler to two datasources.Meaning
I have developed a usercontrol which is wrapped in  a Sharepoint webpart which consists of a
rad scheduler.As of now my rad scheduler pulls the information from a specific list.
But now i need to pull the information  for the appointments not only from a specific list but also from a sql database table.

what is the method i need to follow.
Do i need to use this

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/schedule_databindingimplementingaproviderthatsupportsmultivaluedresources.html

Any sample for this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Smith

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Smith,

In the attached .zip file you may find a sample project which shows how to bind the RadScheduler to two datasources. We have a class called AppointmentInfo which contains the needed information about an appointment. We also have two generic lists called Appointments1 and Appointments2 which keep different data. They play the role of the two datasources which will bind the RadScheduler. The Scheduler is bound  finally by a third list called  Appointments.

We use a custom attribute to keep track of where the appointment is coming from so we can update the respective data source on Update/Delete operations.

Find the full code in the attached .zip file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2010, 07:57 PM
Hello Telerik Team,

Thank you for the sample.But in this case you are attaching two lists as two different datasources to the rad scheduler but Is there a way to connect both sql data source and list as a data source.Because the DataStartField,DataEndField ,DataSubjectField ,DataKeyField  have to be unique for both datasources.I am confused with this.

Is there any sample which demonstrates the same.Please kindly let me know.

Thank you
Smith

smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jun 2010, 05:21 PM
Hello Telerik team.

kindly reply to my post.I am confused how to bind two data sources to a scheduler

Thank you
Smith
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2010, 01:22 PM
Hi smith spd,

All ASP.NET data-bound controls support only a single data source. RadScheduler is no exception and the only option to aggregate data from multiple sources is to do it manually, as in the provided example.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2010, 10:14 PM
Hello Telerik team,

I some how managed to show the appointments from List as well as sql database table on the scheduler.
I am able to see the default columns like id,subject,start,end on the shceduler for all the appointments
populating from sql table(if a it is a sql item) or list(if it is a list item).

I have used databinding in the appointment template to show these  default columns.

But now i need to show the additional columns which should be populated on the appointment template.

And another thing is i need to bind the same data into the edit appointment template.

I appreciate your response and your direction.

Thank you
Smith

Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 01:08 PM
Hi smith,

In order to progress with the investigation of the problem set forth, you can consider sending us the problematic code, in the form of a small working project, which we can review locally. As soon as we do, we will get back to you with more information on the matter.

Thank you!

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Jun 2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

Please find it here
roshani
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2011, 05:11 AM
Hello,
I have implemented radscheduler but facing a problem with it now. I have posted all the details in this forum. Please provide some reply. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance,
Roshani
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veronica
Telerik team
smith spd