This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Background?

9 Answers 256 Views
BusyIndicator
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien asked on 30 Aug 2010, 09:18 AM
Hi!

I've an "Login window" that use the RadBusyIndicator.

It works, I've no problem in functionnality part.

The problem:

The uxBusyIndicator is only the parent of the stackpanel that own textboxes/buttons, but the usercontrol has an image as background.

So, if I let the default value for Background, I get a gray box and I dont see the image below.
If I set the background to transparent, I don't get the gray box anymore, but when the BusyIndicator is showed, It comes transparent too.

How can I:

Have a transparent background for my users controls BUT have a gray background for my busy indicator? This has to be done in xaml side

<Grid>
        <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
            <ColumnDefinition Width="150*" />
            <ColumnDefinition Width="250" />
            <ColumnDefinition Width="150*" />
        </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
        <Grid.RowDefinitions>
            <RowDefinition Height="40*" />
            <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
            <RowDefinition Height="60*" />
        </Grid.RowDefinitions>
        <telerik:RadBusyIndicator x:Name="uxBusyIndicator" BusyContent="Connection in progress" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" DisplayAfter="0" >
            <StackPanel  Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" >
                <TextBlock Name="textBlock1" Text="Welcome on the TOM Client. Please login" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" TextAlignment="Center" />
                <Label Name="uxWrongCredentialText" Content="Wrong Credentials!" Foreground="Red" HorizontalContentAlignment="Center" FontWeight="Bold" Visibility="Hidden" />
                <Label Content="Username"/>
                <TextBox Width="210" Margin="0,-3,0,0"  Name="uxUserName" TextChanged="hideError" KeyUp="textbox_KeyUp"/>
                <Label Content="Password"/>
                <PasswordBox Height="23" Name="uxPassword"  Width="210" Margin="0,-3,0,5" PasswordChanged="hideError" KeyUp="textbox_KeyUp" />
                <telerik:RadButton Content="Login" Height="Auto" Name="radButton1" Width="Auto" Click="uxButtonLoginClick" />
            </StackPanel>
        </telerik:RadBusyIndicator>
    </Grid>

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Julien,

Thank you for contacting us.

To achieve your goal you will have to edit the Style of the BusyIndicator. You can easily do that using Blend Expression. Just drop a BusyIndicator control in the design surface, right-click it and choose from the menu Edit Template->Edit a Copy. Then, Blend will generate for you all resources needed for the style. Find the Border with x:Name="Indicator" and change its Background property like so:

Background="{StaticResource BusyIndicatorBackground}"

This will set the default background color to the box, but when you set the Background property of the BusyIndicator itself to Transparent you will be able to see the image.

Hope this information helps. If you need further help please let us know.

Best wishes,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Sep 2010, 06:17 AM
But:
-I don't have blend
-I don't want to edit your component, we lose all evolutivity with that and mean that we have to maintain ourself this component.
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 04:03 PM
Hello Julien,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have considered your suggestion and decided to change this behavior: in the latest internal build if you set the Background property of the BusyIndicator only the background will change, and not the colour of the Indicator. To change the background colour of the IndicatorElement you will have to edit the OverlayStyle.
So please migrate to the latest internal build which will be available tomorrow and you won't need to customize the style of the control.
If you have any other concerns about our controls please feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2010, 02:52 PM
I still didn't found this new release, where can I can find it?
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2010, 04:11 PM
Hi Julien,

You can download the latest internal build from here after you log into your account.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Greetings,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 07:11 AM
Hum okay, but when the functionnality will be included in a release? Because I can't put nightly build into a client application.
Accepted
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2010, 11:54 AM
Hi Julien,

The feature will be included in the Q2 2010 SP2 version of the controls, which will be available in a few days.

Regards,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
Herr
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Nov 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Telerik team,
did you withdraw this new backgroundbehaviour in Q3 2010?
Konstantina
Telerik team
answered on 17 Nov 2010, 11:37 AM
Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry for the caused inconvenience. In the next internal build, or for the service pack at latest, we will provide a better way to change the background of the indicator itself, the modal background and the background of the control when is not busy.
Once again, please accept our apologies for the confusion.

Please feel free to ask again if you have more questions.

Greetings,
Konstantina
the Telerik team
See What's New in RadControls for WPF in Q3 2010 on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST or 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM EST: Register here>>
Tags
BusyIndicator
Asked by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantina
Telerik team
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1