This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

apply theme

5 Answers 357 Views
Form
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
appdev asked on 23 Jan 2009, 03:40 AM
i just downloaded and installed the trial app. I can't seem to apply the theme. how do i do that? my window app still have the looks of the original window look. Basically i wanted to create new project with telerik theme. But i can't seems to do it. what am i missing? can you help me please. i went to create window application then i dragged the theme into the form then what do i do from there?? please  help me. thank you very much

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 08:56 AM
Hello Duy,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Indeed, in order to apply a predefined theme to a control, you should first drag and drop the respective theme component on the form. Then, you should set the ThemeName property of the desired control, either at design-time or runtime:
this.radRepeatButton1.ThemeName = "Telerik"

Another option for you is to set one theme for the whole application as described in this help article:
Set the ThemeName at an application level.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me. 

Regards,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 11:33 AM
i could apply the theme to individual control by doing what you told me. but when i tried that for the whole application, it doesn't work. below is what i did can you help?  Am i missing something? thank you. I can see that button and everything else has the theme applied to them but the look of the form still looks like window classic style.

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic  
Imports System  
Imports System.Collections.Generic  
Imports System.ComponentModel  
Imports System.Data  
Imports System.Drawing  
Imports System.Text  
Imports System.Windows.Form  
Imports Telerik.WinControls.UI  
Imports Telerik.WinControls  
Imports System.IO  
Imports System.Reflection  
Imports System.Diagnostics  
Public Class Files_Translator  
    Private Sub Files_Translator_Load(ByVal sender As ObjectByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load  
        ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "Office2007Black" 
    End Sub 
End Class 
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 01:59 PM
any idea?
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jan 2009, 10:14 PM
i am able to do it now but for some reason vista and telerik wouldn't work. everything else is fine. any idea is really appreciated.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jan 2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Duy,

I am glad that you managed to style the form. As you have noticed, you should descend your form from RadForm. This allows you to set a theme.

Currently, Vista and Telerik themes for RadForm are not contained in the theming suite. These themes will be included in Q1 2009 scheduled for the end of the next month.

If you have additional questions, feel free to contact me.

All the best,
Nikolay
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Form
Asked by
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay
Telerik team
appdev
Top achievements
Rank 1