This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Application Rejected on appstore

7 Answers 149 Views
Apple iOS
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Joakim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joakim asked on 14 Feb 2014, 01:58 PM
Hello.

We have an app that has been rejected in the review process by the Apple app review people. The cause for the rejection is that the app is not scaling properly when run on an Ipad.

The app was never meant to be run on an Ipad, but there seems to be no point in arguing with them about that.

Apple sent us a couple of screenshots that show our app being run on an Ipad with the top portion of the view cut off. Notice how the app is run in some mode where it looks like an Iphone app and does not fill out the entire display area. When we bring up the app on an Ipad, it fills out the screen and does so without any edges cut off.

Can anyone please tell me how to run the app on an Ipad the way the Apple guys have - Iphone-sized? We believe we have a fix for the issue but we need to reproduce the error and then be able to verify that the fix solves the issue.

(the logos in the images are intentionally blurred)

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2014, 02:14 PM
Hello Joakim,

If your app is not meant to be used on iPad, then simply disable iPad as targeted device. This is done from the project properties -> iOS -> Device Families -> iPad.

Quite frankly we're unsure how they test this locally, I would suggest asking them and providing screenshots of how the app looks in your iPad tests (in case you wish to support iPad after all).

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
Icenium is now Telerik AppBuilder, and is part of the Telerik Platform. For more information on the new name, and to learn more about the Platform, register for the free online keynote and webinar on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT)
Joakim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2014, 02:22 PM
I have already disabled the iPad option. We have rolled this application out earlier, for other organizations, and there has been no problem. 

This is from Apples review team: "We found that your app did not meet the requirements for running on iPad, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app did not run at iPhone resolution when reviewed on iPad. While your app may be built for iPhone or iPod, it must still run on iPad, at iPhone resolution and at 2x iPhone 3GS resolution. "

Apparently, it must be able to run on iPads at iPhone resolution now. I have had quite a few discussions with them recently, since we are on a very tight schedule at the moment. This application must be out by the end of the week. 

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 12:23 PM
Hi Joakim,

After research and testing on our end, it seems that in order to have your app looking "right"on iPad with retina display and iOS 7, you should upgrade your project to Cordova 3.2. I've tested this using your project directly and can confirm that the problem is resolved with the upgrade to 3.2, but note that I have not tested any of your app functionality, nor any other of its aspects. So I would suggest detailed testing of your app to verify everything functions as expected. You would also have to delete the SQLite plugin from the Plugins folder and enable the plugin from the AppBuilder project properties (see Enable and Disable the Integrated Plugins).

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
Icenium is now Telerik AppBuilder, and is part of the Telerik Platform. For more information on the new name, and to learn more about the Platform, register for the free online keynote and webinar on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT)
Joakim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 12:31 PM
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your time and effort put down in helping us with this issue. I kind of feared having to be forced to upgrade cordova, since the last time we did it we had multiple malfunctions. But I guess this is our best shot.

Thanks for a great platform and thank for great support! 

Best Regards,
Joakim
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 12:50 PM

Appreciate the kind words about our product and support, Joakim! Do let us know if further help is needed with the project migration.

Regards,
Steve
Telerik
Gilbert van Veen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 May 2016, 08:15 AM

Hi,

I have also a problem about putting an app in the store. The app is rejected due  to guideline nr 3.1: "Apps or metadata that mentions the name of any other mobile platform will be rejected". The app is created with Cordova 4.0 and Kendo mobile UI. I just don't want to manipulate the Cordova and Kendo javascript libraries. What to do about this?

With regards,

Gilbert.

Martin
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2016, 10:10 AM

Hi Gilbert van Veen,

There is no need to change/manipulate the Cordova and Kendo javascript libraries as we have no such issues reported by other customers. In addition, the build system in Telerik Platform will generate a valid binary package which should not interfere with the app submission guidelines in any vendor store.

The mentioned rejection causeApps or metadata that mention the name of any other mobile platform will be rejected. in general may be because that there is a mention of Apple competitors in your app, in app advertisement or the app description in Apple store. Please consult the link above for more information.

We may suggest the following:

• Double-check again the app metadata - name, descriptions, ratings, rankings, screenshots, localization, etc. for compliance with the App Store submission guidelines. This may also include the screenshots you are submitting in the submission form (for example, they should not contain any mention or a reference to another platform). Do not forget to check the name and description you are entering in the Telerik Platform project too.
  • Searching for а similar problem in the iOS/developer community
  • Usually the Apple team is providing the reason for the rejection based on the guidelines and also by specifying an actual issue in the given submission. Perhaps they will give a better explanation after another email or by submitting the binary package for approval again.

You can find some more info about iOS App Store Approval Tips and Tricks although there it is not mentioned this specific reason.

I hope that this helps and your app will be approved.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
Apple iOS
Asked by
Joakim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Joakim
Top achievements
Rank 1