This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

All-Day Events

9 Answers 139 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
hwsoderlund asked on 02 Feb 2011, 10:53 AM
I was a little surprised when I realised that all-day events are not fully supported like they are in RadScheduler. This is a feature that we sorely need. I did a little search in the WPF forum and found a few requests for the same feature. Then I found PITS issue 4212 which is marked as being in progress. Would it be possible for you to give us some info on when this feature will be available?

Best regards,
/Henrik

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 09:57 AM
Hello Henrik,

This feature will require major change in current rendering mechanism and we don't have time to implement it for Q1. We will target Q2 timeframe.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Kwame Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2011, 10:36 PM
Wait - so what's the impact here? If you have appointments that are all day, will they not display? I ask because that's what I'm currently seeing, but I had assumed it was something I was doing wrong. Sounds like it may be an issue with the control itself?
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2011, 11:32 AM
Telerik, please correct me if I am wrong here, but I believe it means that an appointment where IsAllDayEvent is true will be positioned according to its start and end times, just like any other appointment. So, setting IsAllDayEvent will have no effect whatsoever.
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 08 Feb 2011, 02:37 PM
Hi Kwame,

Appointments that are more than 1 day in duration or with IsAllDayEvent=True will be displayed as a normal appointments e.g. like Henrik said - according to their Start and End date.
They will span across two or more days depending on their duration. In RadScheduler (the old control) we did not span AllDay appointments but instead we show them in a special all day area.

Regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Vic
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 08:39 PM
I didn't notice this in the PITS system, either WPF or Silverlight.

Is this really planned? we are looking into upgrading from the RadScheduler to the RadScheduleView and this a major concern for us.

Would like to see the "special all day area" in the RadScheduleView 

Thanks,
Vic
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 09:24 AM
Hi Vic,

The all-day-area is planned for Q2 2011 in this summer. Its PITS item can be accessed here:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/silverlight/4212

Regards,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi, this feature is still "In Progress" in PITS. Is it part of the current Q2 Beta, or will it be part of Q2 RTM?

Regards,
/Henrik
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jun 2011, 09:30 AM
Hello Henrik,

All-day-area feature will be included in the official Q2 release expected in mid-July.

All the best,
Yana
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2011, 09:31 AM
Great. Thanks.
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
hwsoderlund
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by