This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ADOMD Data provider

1 Answer 23 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hamish
Top achievements
Rank 1
hamish asked on 02 Sep 2014, 09:07 PM
We are using RADPivotGrid to connect to a SQL Server 2014 Analysis server and want to be able to create session based calculated fields for use within the pivot table.
We can do this via an MDX query however in order for them to be visible they need to be created on the same session that the ADOMD data provider uses.I was hoping that the Telerik ADOMD dataprovider exposed the actual ADOMD connection so I could use this connection to send an ADOMD command to create these calculated members, however it does not (as far as I can see) seem to expose this.

I need these calculated members to be session based as we want them to disappear when the session closes.

Is this possible and if so so how?

Thank you

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2014, 08:37 AM
Hello Hamish,

I've already posted an answer in your other thread, but I'm copying it here for future reference:

I'm afraid it is not possible to achieve the desired functionality with the current version of RadPivotGrid. I suggest you to add your feature request to our feedback portal, where other customers could vote for it.

Feel free to contact us in case you have any problems or concerns.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
hamish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
Share this question
or