RadControls for WinForms offers HTML-like text formatting capabilities on a framework level. All Telerik WinForms controls that contain a TextPrimitive are capable of displaying rich text formatting by using standard HTML tags, such as <i>, <b>, and <u>. The implementation is very simple and intuitive especially if you are familiar with HTML.
The rich formatting behavior is turned on by adding an <html> tag in front the text, or by using the RadMarkupEditor.
RadMarkupEditor is a WYSIWYG editor which has been added on a framework level to simplify the way users and developers edit text properties and labels. The editor provides an intuitive and easy to use Ribbon interface and can be used both in design-time and at runtime. The Markup Editor is not a standalone control; rather, the HTML-like text formatting is available only for formatting the text elements in our controls.
The supported HTML tags are:
- <font=Family> to set the font family;
- <size=[+|-]value> to set the font size. Relative font sizes are also supported;
- <br>, <p>
- <span> and support for the following CSS properties: font-family, font-size, color, and background-color;
- <b>, <u>, <i>, <strong> and <em> to bold, underline and italic text styles.
- <ol>, <ul>, <li> for numbered and bulleted lists;
- <img> which lets you add local or resource images;
- All respective closing tags.