Q1 2010 Beta (version 2010.1.212)
January 11, 2010
- User interaction for choosing a name for introduced variable / field from a list of generated names.
- Showing UI for generated names (can be turned on/off from the options), applying selection to new variable / field.
- Added settings for excluding globally files and projects from the error reporting (excluding .designer.cs and .designer.vb files by default).
- Setting mnemonics for the second level commands and for the commands in the JustCode context menus.
- Added quick fixes for creating a new class (and constructor) / struct / interface from a usage.
- Added a refactoring for moving a class to a new file to match the type name.
- Added a refactoring for renaming the file to match the type name.
- Added a warning (can be turned on/off from the options) for types placed in files which don't match their names.
- Added "Type Assistance" (can be turned on/off from the options). JustCode adds automatically closing braces / brackets / etc.
Support for VS 2010.
- Fixed a problem with mixing references pointing to different mscorlibs (Silverlight, .NET 3, .NET 4).
- Fixed the reported exceptions.
- Fixed a problem with the vertical stripe bar when highlighting usages.
- Rebuilding the engine solution properly when a new service reference is added directly from a wsdl url.
- Fixed a bug that could cause all errors below an invalid generic method invocation to disappear.
- Fixed a bug when a solution is closed and a new one is opened after that.
- Fixed some indeterministic analysis issues.
- Fixed the Create method refactoring to render methods with null arguments correctly.
- Fixed a problem with Code analysis that was not refreshed properly after changing the default namespace.
- Fixed a problem with the Implement Missing Stubs quick fix when implicit members should be generated.
- Fixed Create get/set property not placing the new property in the correct position.
- Fixed a problem with analyzing correctly web sites having datasets in the App_Code folder.
- Fixed Find usages of a namespace.
- Fixed a problem when Add Reference quick fix tries to add a circular reference.
- Fixed organize usings to not format the whole file when ordering is switched on.
- Added a limit for files that can be kept open on modifications. Undo will not work in this case.
- Made rename and find usages work correctly with aliases.
Fixed cdata ]]]> parsing.
- (VB) Simple name resolution with explicit type arguments.
- (VB) Analyze attributes.
- (VB) Allow more keywords as identifiers.
- (VB) Linq group by clause with dictionary access as by variable.
- (VB) Linq GroupBy clause with 2 by variables.
- (VB) Method invocations as anonymous fields.
- (VB) Linq Aggregate clause with preceding From clauses.
- (VB) Member access via transparent identifier is case insensitive.
- (VB) Short method invocation Linq Aggregate clause.
- (VB) Explicit range variable name in Linq Aggregate clause.
- (VB) Xml member accesses as Linq group by variables.
- (VB) Multiple Linq join conditions.
- (VB) Property access combined with immediate indexer access if the property is imported in a single class import.
- (VB) Parameters are not in scope in handles clause.
- (VB) Attributes in property accessors.
- (C#/VB) Analyze attributes in property accessors in.
- (C#/VB) Static members never participate in overriding/implementing.
- (C#/VB) Result type of lambda expression participates in type inference.
- (C#/VB) Method resolution issue with extensions method used as method groups.
- (C#/VB) Member type resolution in generic partial parent classes.
- (C#/VB) Inheriting bounds from parameter type of partial sister classtype fails in certain cases.
IMPORTANT: List of known issues in VS 2010
Possible freeze on open solution: After you open a solution the Visual Studio editor becomes unresponsive and you don't see the carret. Also, you cannot open a new file for edit. Toolbars and statusbar are also frozen. [Way out:] Open some of the menus using the Alt+HotKey combination (Alt+W for example).
Code that Just Code issues warnings for does not get underlined in the editor.
When you do rename/extract method the highlighting of the identifier name might disappear in the process. It is also possible that you delete the entire identifier thus breaking the process.