The RadTreeView control provides a way to display information in a hierarchical structure by using collapsible items (nodes). Each treeview item is an instance of the RadTreeViewItem class and it is the only building block of the RadTreeView control. For more information about the structure of a treeview see the visual structure topic.
Here is a list of the most important treeview item features:
- The appearance of a treeview items can be changed using either styling or templates. You can set the specific templates using the properties HeaderTemplate or Template.
- Populate your treeview control with items using one of the following approaches: declaratively, programmatically or using data binding.
- Item Editing - use the treeview IsEditable property to enable/disable this behavior. Press F2 on the selected node to enable text editing mode. After entering the new text, press the Enter key to save the changes. Read more
- Item Images - RadTreeView gives you the ability to define images for each item state. Read more
- Enable and Disable Items - to disable or enable a node you can use the IsEnabled boolean property. Read more
- Selection - RadTreeView supports multiple selection by setting the SelectionMode property. The RadTreeViewItem and RadTreeView classes expose a couple of events for working with selection. Read more
- Expanding and Collapsing Items - you can expand an item by either clicking on the expander icon or by using the code-behind and setting the IsExpanded property. The RadTreeView API gives you the ability to expand or collapse all the items recursively. Read more