This is a list with short descriptions of the top-of-the-line features of Telerik's RadRibbonBar control.
- MS Office 2007 Interface at your Fingertips - Telerik WPF RibbonBar control enables you to build user interfaces similar to the RibbonBar used in Microsoft Office 2007. This feature ensures that your applications will look up to date with the latest Microsoft applications with which your users are already familiar. Read more
- Automatic Resizing and Minimization - Telerik WPF RibbonBar and its composite parts fully support automatic resizing. The different groups and panels adjust their dimensions and internal layout dynamically to best accommodate the available space.
Each RibbonBar group has up to four different layouts,
so that the control can be easily resized.
The Telerik RibbonBar also supports
minimization that allows you to hide the
RibbonBar and let only the tabs appear, thus saving space. Clicking a tab will make the
RibbonBar popup and let you use all its controls.
- Galleries and Pop-ups - Telerik WPFRibbonBar is built on modular pop-ups,
in which are embedded galleries, menus and collapsed groups. All RibbonBar galleries and
pop-ups mimic Office galleries exactly and fully comply with the ribbon UI requirements. Telerik
RibbonBar allows you to fully control the pop-ups’ location, size and content.
The RibbonBar’s ColorPicker galleries provide an advanced
implementation for color selection. Read more
- Application Menu - the ApplicationMenu is accessible through the
ApplicationMenuButton on the left. Besides the standard buttons
(such as New, Open, Save, Print, etc.) you can use footer buttons. In the right side of the
ApplicationMenu you can nest any content – Recent Documents, for example.
- Quick Access Toolbar - the RibbonBar's quick access toolbar is
usually displayed either in the window's title bar or below the RibbonBar. It provides quick access to the most commonly
used commands in your application. You can fully customize the QuickAccessToolbar to make it
most convenient for your application. Read more
- Nested Controls - Telerik WPF suite supplies all controls that you will need in a ribbon bar.
This results in reduced learning curve, because you will not need to learn new tools if you have already worked
with the RadControls suite.
- Screen Tips - display helpful information for every RibbonBar control
using the built-in screen tip support. All you need to do is to specify screen tip's image, title and text for the
respective control using attached properties. Read more
- Styling and Appearance - Telerik WPFRibbonBar is a fully customizable control, which
lets you easily modify all its visual elements. The control comes with several predefined skins that can be
customized if needed. Read more
- Commands Support - make your code more clear and reusable using the command
support provided by such controls as
- Localization Support - the Telerik
WPF RibbonBar can be easily globalized.
The localization mechanism of RadRibbonBar lets you adjust the control to any culture.
- Enhanced Routed Events Framework - to help your code become even more elegant and concise,
Enhanced Routed Events Framework for RadControls for
WPF is implemented.
This gives you more freedom when you design your applications, since you can write instance handlers as well as class
handlers for the routed events of your controls
- Expression Blend support - all RadControls for
WPF can be easily customized
using Expression Blend.
- WPF/Silverlight Code Compatibility - the WPF RibbonBar shares a single code-base with its WPF
counterpart. This means that you can achieve close to 100% code reuse for your RibbonBar
logic if you have parallel Silverlight/WPF development.
- Codeless Test Automation for RibbonBar - now you can record, execute and debug functional tests for
RibbonBar without leaving the familiar Visual Studio environment. Telerik Test Studio is an advanced click and plays application testing tool