Like most WPF controls, the RadBreadcrumb also allows you to template it in order to change the control from the inside. Except for templating the whole control, you can template parts of it or even independent controls related to it. This topic will make you familiar with the RadBreadcrumb Template Structure
For more information about templating and how to modify the default templates of the RadControls read
the common topics on this matter.
RadBreadcrumb Template Structure
This section will explain the structure of the RadBreadcrumb's template. Here is a snapshot of the template generated in Expression Blend.
It contains the following parts:
- outerGrid- is of type Grid and represents the layout root for the template.
- [Border] - hosts the RadBreadcrumb control elements and is of type Border.
- image - is of type Image and represents the BreadcrumbItemsImage
- BreadcrumbBar - that is a mandatory element from the RadBreadcrumb template used to display the Breadcrumb items and is of type RadBreadcrumbBar
- historySplitButton - a RadSplitButton that is used to display the History dropdown content
- HistoryListBox - a ListBox that represents the list of visited paths
- pathTextBox - the TextBox, where destination paths are entered
- AutocompletePopup - is a Telerik popup that is used to provide auto-complete options
- AutoCompleteListBox - is a ListBox that represents the list of auto-complete suggestions
- historyToggle - a RadToggleButton that is used to display the HistoryToggleButton
- [Grid] - represents the host control for the HistoryToggleButton.
- DropDownPartChrome - represents the visual appearance of the historyToggle button and is of type ButtonChrome.
- DropDownIndicator - represents the arrow indicator for the drop down part of the historyToggle button and is of type Path.