Telerik CAB Enabling Kit for WinForms
is part of the
RadControls for WinForms suite since the Q1 2008 release.
It provides seamless integration of Telerik RadControls for WinForms with the Composite UI Application
Block (CAB). It is well suited for enterprise applications, and helps developers with using the best
practices and patterns.
The Telerik CAB Enabling Kit (TCEK) for WinForms can be used to develop
smart-client line-of-business applications such as OLTP (online transaction
processing) front ends for data entry applications; rich client portals to
back-end services like government or bank teller applications; UI-intensive
stand-alone applications such as those used by call center staff, IT support
desks or stock traders.
The Telerik CAB Enabling Kit for WinForms advantages
- Enterprise-grade components - RadControls for Windows Forms is a
complete suite allowing development of enterprise-class smart client
applications and featuring more than 50 components like grid view, tree
view, calendar, chart, scheduler, etc.
- Rich Visual Styling - RadControls for Windows Forms provide WPF-like
visual appearance, XML based themes, animations and effects. The most
advanced visual styling on the market.
- Seamless integration - Easily develop smart client applications with a
top package like RadControls for Windows Forms, the Composite UI
Application Block framework and Visual Studio 2010.
With the Telerik CAB Enabling Kit you can
- Easily develop smart client applications with renowned packages like
RadControls for WinForms, the Composite UI Application Block framework, and
Visual Studio 2010;
- Add enterprise-grade components with rich visual styling to your
existing CAB applications by using RadControls for WinForms;
- Build complex, enterprise-ready Windows Forms solutions, based on
common patterns and practices found in line-of-business front-end applications.
Composite UI Application Block Framework
The Composite UI Application Block (CAB) framework is intended for large
WinForms-based applications. The three major goals of CAB design are:
- Modularity - you can implement business logic, visual SmartParts,
infrastructure components, presenter or controller components, and any other objects the
application requires, in separate modules.
- Productivity - Developer productivity increases
because each developer (or team) is able to concentrate on a specific task.
The use of consistent user interfaces increases end-user productivity in
applications built using Composite UI Application Block, reducing the
end-user training requirements when releasing a new application.
- Extensibility - the design of the Composite UI
Application Block promotes extensibility in many different ways