This tutorial will demonstrate adding selected and special days to the calendar at design time, then iterating and displaying those dates at runtime.
- In a new Windows Application form drop a RadCalendar control. Set the AllowMultipleSelect property to true.
- Drop a RadListControl and RadButton to the form.
- In the Properties Window click the ellipses for the SelectedDates property of the RadCalendar.
- Click the Add button to append a new selected date to the collection. In the Value property for the date select "Today" from the drop-down calendar.
- Add two more selected dates and set the Value properties to the two days following "Today".
In the Properties Window click the ellipses for the SpecialDays property of the RadCalendar.
- Click the Add button to append a new RadCalendarDay to the collection.
- Set the Date property for the special day to the last day of the month.
- Set the Disabled property to true and the Recurring property to DayInMonth.
- Double-Click the RadButton in the designer and add the following code to the Click event handler. This code will iterate and list results for the SelectedDates and SpecialDays collections.
[C#] Iterating the SelectedDates and SpecialDates collections
private void radButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
foreach (DateTime dateTime in radCalendar1.SelectedDates)
new RadListDataItem("Selected: " + dateTime.ToShortDateString()));
foreach (RadCalendarDay day in radCalendar1.SpecialDays)
new RadListDataItem("Special: " + day.Date.ToShortDateString()));
[VB.NET] Iterating the SelectedDates and SpecialDates collections
Private Sub radButton1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
For Each dateTime As DateTime In radCalendar1.SelectedDates
radListControl1.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Selected: " + dateTime.ToShortDateString()))
For Each day As RadCalendarDay In radCalendar1.SpecialDays
radListControl1.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Special: " + day.[Date].ToShortDateString()))
Run the application. Notice the three selected and the highlighted special day. Use the navigation buttons at the top of the calendar ">" to move to another month. Because you set the special day Recurring property to DayInMonth, the special day is highlighted in every month.
|Using RadCalendar for WinForms|
In this video, you'll get an overview of using RadCalendar for WinForms; configuring important properties; using Special Days and Selected Days; styling; responding to Events with style changes. (Runtime: 10:23)