RadLoopingList exposes an ItemStyle property which allows you to apply a style to the visual items and
modify their appearance. The type of the visual items is LoopingListItem and it inherits from ContentControl.
You have two options:
- To create an empty style and set it up on your own.
- To copy the default style of the control and modify it.
This topic will show you how to perform the second one.
Modifying the Default Style
The default style for the visual items gets generated together with the style for RadLoopingList. To learn how to generate the default style for the RadLoopingList
control read here.
After generating the default style for RadLoopingList, go to the main scene and select it. From the menu choose
Object -> Edit Additional Styles -> Edit
Generated item Container (ItemContainerStyle) -> Edit Current
. The properties available for the style will be loaded in the 'Properties' pane and you will be
able to modify their default values. You can also edit the generated XAML in the XAML View or in Visual Studio.
Some of the modifications will require to be made in the template of the control. To open the template into edit mode just go back to the main scene, right click
on RadLoopingList control and choose Edit Additional Templates -> Edit Generated item Container (ItemContainerStyle) -> Edit Current.
This section will explain how to style the most important features of the looping list visual items.
- Normal Background - changing the background in the normal state is done by setting the Background property of the
LayoutRoot border inside the template of the visual items.
- Selected Background - changing the background color when the item is selected, is done by setting the desired value in the animation for the
Selected visual state inside the template of LoopingListItem.
- Border Color - changing the color of the border is done by setting the BorderBrush property of the root border inside the template.
- Border Thickness - changing the thickness of the border is done by setting the BorderThickness property of border inside the
- Foreground - changing the foreground is done by setting the Foreground property of LoopingListItem to the desired value.