The following topic describes what steps you should perform in order to install Telerik UI for Windows Phone from a MSI file.
files are intended for an easy and automatic installation of a product. The MSI installs the suite on your computer to a folder named Telerik in your Program Files, automatically
creating the necessary virtual folders and projects. Additionally, it installs the help file(s) in the VS.NET IDE and in your local copy of
MSDN, if you have one installed.
For more information about which installation package you need to install, read here.
The latest package available for download already has all updates/HOTFIXES applied. There is no need to further update it.
The MSI installation will not overwrite previous Telerik UI for Windows Phone installations, unless it is of the same version.
If the new installation contains new project templates, they will not be installed, unless you remove any previous versions of Telerik UI for Windows Phone.
Before installing Telerik UI for Windows Phones on your machine, you need to download the latest MSI package.
Downloading MSI Package
In order to download the latest MSI file, follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Telerik account.
- Go to Manage Products and click Telerik UI for Windows Phone.
- Choose Download Installer and other resources.
Click Browse all product files for the relevant version of Telerik UI for Windows Phone.
To download the MSI file, choose Automatic installation.
Once the download completes, run the MSI file and follow the instructions below.
Installing Windows Phone Control Pack
- After you download Telerik UI for Windows Phone and start the MSI file you should see the welcome window:
- After you read the License Agreement, click "I agree - Continue". The next screen allows you to change the location where Telerik UI for Windows Phone is about to be installed:
Click "Install" to start the installation process or "Cancel" to exit the wizard and to terminate the setup. If you want to change any of the
installation parameters, click "Back".
|The installation process may take several minutes to complete.|
- After the successful installation of all features you are ready to start developing powerful and interactive applications using the Telerik UI for Windows Phone.
Exploring the Installation Folder
If you open the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for Windows Phone [Version] ) you will notice that it contains these sub directories:
- Binaries - contains all assemblies that you need in order to use Telerik UI for Windows Phone.
- Examples - contains our Examples solution which can help with getting to know Telerik UI for Windows Phone.