There is a separate documentation with instructions on how to install and upgrade Sitefinity. It is called Installation Guide and could be downloaded from the
Sitefinity Documentation Page.
Following are the topics that could be found in the Installation Guide:
- System Requirements
- Setting the License Key
- Upgrading from Sitefinity Trial to Standard Commercial License
- License Agreement
- Which File to Download?
- Installation Packages
- The BlankProject.zip
- Installing Sitefinity on a Local Development Machine
- Installing Sitefinity on a Web Server
- Installing Sitefinity under Windows Vista
- Configuring Vista IIS 7 to Run as IIS 6
- Running the Setup
- Moving the Virtual Directories to the Classic.NET AppPool
- Configuring the Classic.NET AppPool
- Adding Application Mappings for .template Extension
- Error Creating Projects
- No CSS?
- Getting Started with the Sample Sites
- Upgrading Sitefinity Projects
- Upgrading Projects to Sitefinity 3.2
- Upgrading Projects Created with Sitefinity Community to Standard Edition