This section defines the terms and the concepts used in the scope of RadRibbonBar which you
have to get familiar with before you continue reading this help.
Below you can see a snapshot and explanation of the main visual elements of the RadRibbonBar control.
The structure of a RadRibbonBar consists of the following main elements:
- Application Menu - the ApplicationMenu is accessible through the
Application Menu Button on the left. It is divided into three subsections: menu items, content and footer.
- Quick Access Toolbar - the RibbonBar's quick access toolbar
is usually displayed either in the window's title bar or below the RibbonBar. It provides quick
access to the most commonly used commands in your application. You can fully customize the Quick Access Toolbar
to make it most convenient for your application.
- Application Title - the ribbon title is located in the middle of the top area of the
RadRibbonBar. You can use it to display the currently opened document along with the name
of your application. Read more
- Ribbon Tab - this is the hight level container control in the ribbon bar structure.
You can use the RadRibbonTab control to organize the controls in a more logical and
convenient way for the user. Read more
- Ribbon Group - this is one of the most frequently used container controls in the
ribbon bar structure. You can use the RadRibbonGroup control to organize the controls
in a more logical and convenient way for the user. Moreover, the ribbon group adjusts its dimensions and internal
layout dynamically to best accommodate the available space.
- Dialog Launcher - the dialog launcher button is located in the lower right corner of the
ribbon group and it is hidden by default. You can use it to associate configuration dialogs with each ribbon
group container. Read more
- Button Group - use the RadButtonGroup to organize your
buttons with common functionality i.e. Increase, Decrease Font.
- Ribbon Gallery - the RadRibbonGallery control provides a
list of options to choose from and also a preview functionality. It can be hosted directly in the ribbon group or
in a RadRibbonDropDownButton.
- Ribbon Button - this is the main action control used in the ribbon, it is responsible
for providing interface for the actions exposed by your application. The following types of buttons are
available: RadRibbonButton, ,
- Help Button - the help button is located always on the right side of the
RadRibbonBar. It is hidden by default but if you want to make it visible just set the property
RadRibbonBar.HelpButtonVisibility to Visible.