Thank you for choosing Telerik RadMaskedTextBox!
Due to the many known limitations of the current implementation of the RadMaskedTextBox control, with the
Q1 2011 release of the RadControls for Silverlight and WPF we announced the new
RadMaskedInput suite of controls.
The new suite provides 4 different controls - MaskedDateTimeInput, MaskedTextInput, MaskedNumericInput and MaskedCurrencyInput. Each control is designed to allow a specific type of user input thus further enhancing the controlled input support of the RadMaskedInput suite.
RadMaskedTextBox is a customizable component for controlled data input in Silverlight applications. It enhances the functionality of a TextBox by adding input validation and masks, such as date, IP Address, SSN, phone number, digits, and decimals.
This is a list with short descriptions of the top-of-the-line features of Telerik's RadMaskedTextBox control:
- Validation - Telerik Silverlight RadMaskedTextBox uses a mask to distinguish between proper and improper user input. You can use a mask to specify the format such as IP address, date, currency, etc. Read more
- Standard Mask - Standard mask is a character based mask. You can specify the type of each character and set it to the following values: number, letter, fixed symbol, any character. Read more
- DateTime Mask - the DateTime mask ensures that the date entered by the user is verified and accurate. You can also specify the culture information by setting the Culture property. Read more
- Numeric Mask - the numeric mask supports restricting of the user input to percent and currency values, where currency values are also culture sensitive. Read more
- Keyboard Support - in addition to the standard keyboard input, Telerik RadMaskedTextBox delivers the convenience of desktop applications with support for arrow-key navigation. Read more
- Globalization Support - full globalization support is provided out-of-the-box through the Culture property of the RadMaskedTextBox control by Telerik. Read more
- Building Tests for RadMaskedTextBox - now you can build tests for RadMaskedTextBox with Telerik Free Testing Framework. Our testing tool helps developers build automated unit tests, functional tests and end to end scenario tests for both AJAX- and Silverlight-powered applications. The framework ships with special wrappers for Telerik RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and Silverlight.