The Chart item is now superseded by the more advanced Graph item.
The Graph item is most often used for building powerful OLAP/Pivot charts.
The Chart report item is used to display a chart on a report. It is business-oriented item with a
focus on development productivity and ease-of-use. It allows you to rapidly build appealing charts
that represent data in a people-friendly manner.
You can bind the Chart item:
- From the Report Designer by setting its DataSource property
- By using its NeedDataSource event
When you are in the event, you should work with the processing chart item i.e.:
private void chart1_NeedDataSource(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart procChart = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart)sender;
procChart.DataSource = your_datasource;
Private Sub chart1_NeedDataSource(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)
Dim procChart As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart = DirectCast(sender, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Chart)
procChart.DataSource = your_datasource
The formatting of the Chart report item is managed by a large number of properties.
To customize the Chart report item, right-click the chart and select Properties from
the context menu to use the Chart Wizard.
The Chart item offers numerous features including:
- 17 customizable chart types,
available in both horizontal and vertical direction .
- Automatic Text-wrapping- text elements in the chart can be wrapped automatically.
- Databinding - Chart can be databound to various datasources
- Chart wizard for quick and easy configuration.
- Second Y axis - Chart provides a second scale of measurements.
- Empty Values - allow approximating missing values between data points.
- Scale Breaks make graphs with large amplitude easier to read.
- Marked zones - Chart allows adding ranges to highlight certain areas of the chart.
- Styling - Chart provides fine-grained control over its elements appearance.