Many production level reports use an alternating row style as an aid to readability. This technique is used in the ProductCatalog sample report.
This look can be achieved with conditional formatting by setting up a rule that fires on every other line.
- Select the detail section of your report.
- Select the ConditionalFormatting property of the detail section.
- Click the New Rule button.
- Enter the expression "= RowNumber()%2"
- Select the equal "=" operator from the drop down list.
- Enter the value as "=1".
- Click the Style button.
- Click the Background style item.
- Enter the color as "#F0F0F0".
- Click OK to close each of the open dialogs.