The walkthroughs in this section are intended for users who are familiar with developing applications for WPF by using Visual Studio and know how to work with Telerik OpenAccess ORM. To complete the walkthroughs, you must have the following installed:
- Microsoft VisualStudio 2008 or later versions.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later versions with Database Services, or the Express edition of SQL Server 2005 or later versions.
- SofiaCarRental sample database.
- Telerik OpenAccess ORM, which could be downloaded from here.
- Telerik RadControls for WPF (recommended) - in all examples demonstrated in this section Telerik RadControls for WPF are used. If you don't have Telerik RadControls for WPF installed on your computer, you could use the standard controls provided by .NET Framework. Telerik RadControls for WPF could be downloaded from here.
Creating an Empty WPF Application
In this task you will create a new empty WPF application.
To Create the WPF Application:
- Start Visual Studio, on the File menu select New, and then select Project.
- In the New Project dialog box, select Visual Basic or Visual C# as the programming language.
- In the Templates pane, select WPF application.
- Type WpfOpenAccessIntegration as the name of the project.
- Click OK.
- The WPF application is created.
In this step, you successfully prepared an empty WPF application. The next step is to Create the SofiaCarRental Domain Model.