The Method List view represents all functions called in the profiled application during the profiling process.
The Just my code option filters out all functions which are not user code.
You can control which assemblies are considered user code in the Assembly List view.
The Minor Methods option filters out all functions that have own time less than 0.1%.
The Signatures option is used to control whether to display the parameters of each
function in the Name column. You can switch it off to reduce the amount of text on the screen.
Each node of the Method List view contains the following information:
- Name - fully classified name of the method.
- Own Time (ms) - total time spent in this method. Percentage is measured against the total running time of the thread.
- Hit Count - number of times this method has been called (for tracing) or number of samples taken inside it (for sampling)
The context menu contains the following commands:
- Find in Root Call Tree - activates the Call Tree view and shows
the first occurrence of the method. You can use the buttons of the navigation bar to locate all other calls to this method in the call tree.
- Merge All Calls in New View - opens a new view and merges all calls to the selected function in the entire process.
This is helpful if you want to investigate how much total time it took, which functions it called and how the time spent in it is distributed among
its callees, regardless of a particular call site.
- Show Caller Tree - opens a new Caller Tree view with all callers of
the selected function presented as child nodes - a tree of callers. This can help you find where exactly it has been called.
- View Source - activates the Source Code Viewer tab and opens the source
file if it is available. If the source is unavailable JustTrace will decompile the class using JustDecompile and will show
the generated source code.