The Hot Spots view represents a callback tree for the most expensive methods in terms of own time of each thread.
The Signatures option is used to control whether to display the parameters of each
function in the Name column. You can switch it off to reduce the amount of text on the screen.
Each node of the Hot Spots view contains the following information:
- Name - fully classified name of the method.
- Own Time (ms) - total time spent in this method. Percentage is measured against the total running time of the thread.
The context menu contains the following commands:
- Find in Root Call Tree - activates the Call Tree view and shows the first
occurrence of the method. You can use the buttons of the navigation toolbar to locate all other calls to this method in the call tree.
- Merge All Calls in New View - opens a new view and merges all calls to the selected function in the entire process.
This is helpful if you want to investigate how much total time it took, which functions it called and how the time spent in it is distributed among
its callees, regardless of a particular call site.
- Show Caller Tree - opens a new Caller Tree view with all callers of
the selected function presented as child nodes - a tree of callers. This can help you find where exactly it has been called.
- Show Just My Code - toggles the user code filter for this node. When turned off all non-user code under this node is shown.
When on, all non-user code between this node and child user code nodes down the tree is removed and user code child nodes are brought up (hoisted).
Hoisted calls are marked with the icon.
Clicking the icon next to the node name also toggles filtering.
You can control which assemblies are considered user code in the Assembly List view.
- View Source - activates the Source Code Viewer tab and opens the source
file if it is available. If the source is unavailable JustTrace will decompile the class using JustDecompile and will
show the generated source code.