Attach to Native Process is one of the profilee types that Telerik JustTrace
enables you to choose from.
Attach to Native Process allows you to profile the native code of an already running application.
Currently the Attach to Native Process profilee type is enabled only for Performance profiling
sessions with the JustTrace sampling profiler.
When Attach to Native Process profilee type is selected, a list with all running applications that
can be profiled will be shown. The available information about each process is as follows:
- Process ID - Shows the unique decimal number assigned to that current process by Windows.
- Process Name - Shows the name of the executable module of that current process.
- Main Window Title - Shows the main window title name of that current process, if there is such.
- User Name - Shows the user name of that current process.
- Type - Shows if the current process is running in 32 or 64 bit mode.
- Profiler attached - Shows if there are any of the JustTrace profilers already attached to that
From the list you should select the process that you intend to profile.
In order the see all the native modules in the profiler output, you will need to specify the symbol path in the
Options page first.
A slight delay can occur if the symbols are being downloaded for the first time during the session initialization.
To learn more about profiler types refer to Profiler Types topic.
After you finish configuring both the Profilee and Profiler press the Attach button to start profiling.