This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Y Axis

6 Answers 62 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anitha asked on 20 Apr 2012, 11:15 AM
Hello All,

I am using Radchart in Silverlight. I am able to bind the data but when the value is Zero, I am not able to get the Labels on the YAxis.

Please find the attached screen shot.

Thanks in Advance,

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2012, 09:14 AM
Hello,

Have you by any reason turned off the labels visibility cause no matter of the series values, the labels will always be shown by default?

All the best,
Evgenia
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2012, 09:42 AM
I did not turn off the labels, this situation is causing only when all the values for that series are 0.
If we have other than 0 it is displaying.
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Anitha,

I see now what you mean. Your chart setup uses the automatic AxisY range and when all data is zero, the AxisY does not have any range (i.e. it is zero).
We would suggest you to manually set the AxisY range like this to have YAxis Labels visible. Feel free to customize the values of the range as you wish.

radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY.AutoRange = false;
radChart1.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisY.AddRange(0, double.Epsilon, double.Epsilon);

Greetings,
Evgenia
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>
Mohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2012, 10:39 PM
Hi,

We are using "RadCartesianChart" in our project. Can you please suggest how can we implement something like that in RadCartesianChart control.

Actually, I want to give my own range and labels to the Y-Axix. Any help in this regards is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mohit
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2012, 04:26 PM
Hello Anitha,

From your attached image and from the Product category you provided (RadChart for Silverlight), I thought you are using our RadChart control. Please consider posting your questions regarding the correspaonding Product (control) they are for. This will make it easier for us and others that may came across the forum post.
Onto your question - you may use the Minimum and Maximum properties (available for LinearAxis of RadChartView) to set the minimal and maximal value of the axis as shown in our documentation as well as MajorStep property for step of the axis.

Regards,
Evgenia
the Telerik team

Mohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2012, 08:02 PM
Thank you.
I got it working by calculating and setting MajorStep property based on the minimum and maximum.
Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgenia
Telerik team
Anitha
Top achievements
Rank 1