Wrong Date/Day In ScheduleView on Mac OS

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Roei
    Roei avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 16 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi all

    We are using the schedule view in our app and one of our costumer complained about wrong date shown in the control (see attached image)
    On windows its not reproducible, my guess is that only the day names are incorrect.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance

    Roei

       
  2. Rosen Vladimirov
    Admin
    Rosen Vladimirov avatar
    640 posts

    Posted 18 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Roei,

    We have tried to reproduce the issue, but unfortunately we couldn't. The DateTime is coming from the OS, so we shouldn't cause any problems on it. Could you give us more information about the OS and the browser you are using? Are you able to reproduce the issue on different machines and different browsers?

    I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Rosen Vladimirov
    Telerik
    TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
    Sign up for Free application insights >>
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Roei
    Roei avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 20 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Rosen,

    first of all thanks for your reply.
    The issue happened to one of our costumers in New Zealand.
    I asked our costumer to provide us with the information you asked. as far as i know
    1. It is reproducible on different browser (Chrome & Safari)
    2. It is reproducible on different machines (both Mac windows always works fine).
    3. I created a test application for our costumer in order to contradict any changes or effects the scheduler (since we customized it and restyle it to our purpose. I just sent him single page app with scheduleview control on it with no extra definitions just the default week definition. on the side i added a combobox which contains some different culture code and when the user selects one i change the culture and recreate the scheduler with the new setting. Attached you can find the results. pay attention that the bug only occurs when the culture and uiculture are co-nz (New Zealand).  

    you can try the test app on : 

    http://gsiqa.glc-service.com/TesterTestPage.html

    If i have further info i'll share it with you.


    BR

    Roei 

  5. Roei
    Roei avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 20 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Rosen,

    In continue to my previous reply here are some more details:

    The Mac OS version is 10.8.5, processor is 1.7 GHz core i5

    I have tried on Safari and Chrome browsers.

    On 4 different  Macs. Same problem.

    Regards,

    Roei

  6. Rosen Vladimirov
    Admin
    Rosen Vladimirov avatar
    640 posts

    Posted 22 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Roei,

    Thank you for the details you've sent. We have tried to reproduce the issue, but unfortunately we couldn't. I'm sending you a short video demonstrating our test. Could you send us the project you have used for your tests, so we will be able to test it on our side?

    I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Rosen Vladimirov
    Telerik
    TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
    Sign up for Free application insights >>
  7. Roei
    Roei avatar
    29 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2011

    Posted 22 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Rosen,

    Thanks for the demo video!!!
    One thing i noticed is that on our costumer (see the images attached before)  and also on my windows machine when changing to en-nz culture the 1st day in scheduler is
    Monday and not Sunday as in your demo maybe there is where the bug is?

    It's a bit complicate for me to send you the solution because its just a test page running from our production solution but i'll try.

    Please check this Monday  as first day of week issue and i'll try to provide a test solution ASAP.

    Thanks again

    Roei
  8. Rosen Vladimirov
    Admin
    Rosen Vladimirov avatar
    640 posts

    Posted 22 Oct 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Roei,

    Thank you for your efforts. Unfortunately it turned out that this problem is directly connected with Silverlight and MacOS. You can find more information here. Microsoft had closed this issue and marked it external. I've found a possible workaround in this thread, but I'm not sure if it will help.

    I'm sorry for the caused problem, but it looks like there's nothing we could do. Feel free to contact us in case you have any other problems or concerns.

    Regards,
    Rosen Vladimirov
    Telerik
    TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
    Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
    Sign up for Free application insights >>
Back to Top
DevCraft banner