As pointed in your other forum thread
, there's no need to switch to Windows - you can just use cloud livesync functionality. I'm copying my answer from the other thread, so anyone can use it as a reference:
You can use cloud livesync functionality in order to send your changes on the device. The workflow should be:
1) $ appbuilder build wp8
- this will build the application - scan the generated QR code and install the app on the device.
2) Apply some changes in your code.
3) In your terminal execute $ appbuilder livesync cloud
- this will send all of your changed files in the cloud.
4) On your device use the three-finger livesync - tap and hold with three fingers on the device screen and wait for the download pop-up message to appear.
So there's no need to use Windows and you can still use your preferred IDE.
Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us in case you have any other problems or concerns.