This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

win 10 + Visual Studio 2015 + telerik integration

1 Answer 225 Views
ListView - Xamarin.Android
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ari
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ari asked on 17 Dec 2015, 02:58 PM

Hi!

I've been trying to install Telerik with my Win10/VS2015 comdo for Xamarin / Android development but nothing appears in VS after Telerik control panel says it's done with the installation.

For test purposes i tried to install Windows phone extensions, and that did add telerik menu into my VS. But no android / xamarin extensions.

I tried following this guide:

http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/xamarin/controls/listview/listview-getting-started

But VS was not able to provide me with any references to Telerik.

Is this something that could be solved by using NuGet packages or how are Telerik extensions planned to be used in Win10 era?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2015, 08:54 AM
Hi Ari,

Here are the options you have at the moment with UI for Xamarin.
 - You can create a project and add references manually, as per our documentation. For every control you can find which assemblies you need to add reference to.
 - You can download a NuGet package and use it to add references
 - You can use the project template we provide. It is configured with all the needed references. To use it point to File -> New Project, select Templates -> Visual C# in the treeview, scroll down and select the TelerikXApp template.

Best regards,
Ves
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
ListView - Xamarin.Android
Asked by
Ari
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Share this question
or