Width 100% Not rendering properly

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rafael
    Rafael avatar
    1 posts

Posted 09 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hi there,

I trying to use the RadComboBox with Width 100%. The arrow of the combo and dropdown are displaying fine but the input isn't displaying long enough. I'm not using any css or skin or anything that could change the input width property. Could you please let me know how can i fix it?

I have attached my code and a screen-shot:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="test2.aspx.vb" Inherits="SWTAFE_SPOT_v2.test2" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
            <div style="width:100%">
            <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="RadComboBox1" EnableLoadOnDemand="True" EmptyMessage ="Choose..." Label="Example:" AutoPostBack="true" Height="140px" Width="100%" >
            </telerik:RadComboBox>
            </div>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
  2. Boyan Dimitrov
    Admin
    Boyan Dimitrov avatar
    1746 posts

Posted 11 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

I would like to clarify that since Q3 2012 we have made some breaking changes to our RadComboBox control appearance listed here.  We have decreased the width of the RadComboBox sprite from 2000px to 1000px. So in this case if your RadComboBox control is wider than 1000px the control will be rendered on the page with a gap between the arrow and the input field. The only solution in such cases would be creating a new sprite image for RadComboBox with the desired dimensions. I would like to clarify that if you run into the trouble with creating a new sprite image, we'll assist by providing the relevant sprite.

Regards,
    Boyan Dimitrov
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017