This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Width 100% Not rendering properly

1 Answer 92 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rafael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rafael asked on 10 Jul 2013, 01:19 AM
Hi there,

I trying to use the RadComboBox with Width 100%. The arrow of the combo and dropdown are displaying fine but the input isn't displaying long enough. I'm not using any css or skin or anything that could change the input width property. Could you please let me know how can i fix it?

I have attached my code and a screen-shot:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="test2.aspx.vb" Inherits="SWTAFE_SPOT_v2.test2" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <div style="width:100%">
        <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="RadComboBox1" EnableLoadOnDemand="True" EmptyMessage ="Choose..." Label="Example:" AutoPostBack="true" Height="140px" Width="100%" >
        </telerik:RadComboBox>
        </div>

</form>
</body>
</html>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2013, 03:21 PM
Hello,

I would like to clarify that since Q3 2012 we have made some breaking changes to our RadComboBox control appearance listed here.  We have decreased the width of the RadComboBox sprite from 2000px to 1000px. So in this case if your RadComboBox control is wider than 1000px the control will be rendered on the page with a gap between the arrow and the input field. The only solution in such cases would be creating a new sprite image for RadComboBox with the desired dimensions. I would like to clarify that if you run into the trouble with creating a new sprite image, we'll assist by providing the relevant sprite.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Rafael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or