This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Why SeriesItems not support in vs2010 ?

3 Answers 58 Views
Chart (HTML5)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aravind
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Aravind asked on 16 Jul 2013, 10:22 AM
hai
  i have donunt chart in that i use seriesitems for pieseries ,seriesitems is common for all chart ,but in vs2010 if open in code behind it will show error with underline green color .if i move cursor to seriesitem it show error like " SeriesItems not support in Donutchart in telerik radhtml chart...." like that it show.
The error is comming when i use upgrade wizard in vs2101.
why? in vs2012 if i open code behind it not show any error.

in both visual studio i try upgrade wizard also ,both are same telerik version.

pls reply me asap
   Aravind

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stamo Gochev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jul 2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Aravind,

I have tried to reproduce the issue in Visual Studio 2010 with the attached page but I did not get any warnings or error messages. Could you have a look at it and inform me if you still get the error? Could you also give me more information about the actions you are taking with the Upgrade Wizard? Could you try using the sample page without the interaction with the Upgrade Wizard?

Regards,
Stamo Gochev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Aravind
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 03:09 AM
Thank for ur reply
   If i try without upgrade wizard for my project it will work,and what u send me sample i am not wite like that ,i declare like
 <SeriesItems>
         <telerik:PieSeriesItem />
 </SeriesItems>
            But it is not good bcz telerik product is purchased one so i need to upto date version.if i upgrade in vs2012 and vs2010 that version is same version or different version.
  Not in all vs2010 show error,one only system it show error like that..i mean i have check 3 to 5 system in  vs 2010 and 2012 with installed  purchased telerik product,so before i run i have to use upgrade wizard,bcz some machine have latest version and project is not have latest version telerik reference so i use upgrade wizard.   

Regards
   Aravind
Accepted
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2013, 02:46 PM
Hello Aravind,

SeriesItems Collection in RadHtmlChart has been introduced in RadHtmlChart since Q2 2013 (more information about it is available in this blog post from Stamo Gochev). It may be possible that your current project is not properly updated with the latest Telerik version and that is why this SeriesItems collection is not available yet.

What I can suggest you is to check whether the references of RadControls' .DLL files in your project and their version. It may be possible that the file versions in the GAC folder are the latest one but the project is referencing .DLLs from the BIN which are an older version. You can find a short video in the attached archive that illustrates how to check the .DLLs version and references for the current project.

If that is the case I can suggest that you try to upgrade your version of RadControls following the six easy steps from this blog post by Marin Bratanov.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Chart (HTML5)
Asked by
Aravind
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Stamo Gochev
Telerik team