Which jQuery version is embedded in newest release 2016 Q1?

10 posts, 0 answers
  1. John
    John avatar
    16 posts

Posted 19 Jan Link to this post

can't find any information in any of the release notes or docs.
  2. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 19 Jan Link to this post

Hi,

In the latest Q1 2016 release the jQuery version that is used is 1.11.1 as pointed in this article:
    http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/using-jquery/using-jquery#jquery-version-history-in-telerik-ui-controls

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. John
    John avatar
    16 posts

Posted 19 Jan in reply to Pavlina Link to this post

I've seen the document you refer to, and it's latest report is the jQuery for version Q3 2014.  It doesn't say anything about versions after that.  It's still 1.11 for Q1 2016?

For almost every prior release, the page shows that the jQuery version was upgraded.  But for the last 5 release, there are no updates of jQuery version? Seems odd.

I was under the impression that, like a lot of tools, support for older IE versions was being phased out of the telerik asp.net control suite.  Meaning you could move to the far faster jQuery 2.x versions.  Is there any timeline for that?

5. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 20 Jan Link to this post

Hi,

Yes, the jQuery version that is used in Q1 2016 is still 1.11.1. Therefore in the topic is pointed that from Q3 2014 to present version is used jQuery 1.11.1. However, for the next release we plan to upgrade to the latest jQuery version.

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. pev
    pev avatar
    10 posts

Posted 24 Jun in reply to Pavlina Link to this post

Hi Pavlina 

I am now using 'Telerik_UI_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2016_2_531_Dev_hotfix', and it is still using 1.11.1. Do you have any updates on when you will upgrade to 1.12.3 or newer? Clients are complaining that the system uses old jQuery because of the XSS vulnerability fixed in 1.12.3, https://github.com/jquery/jquery/commit/cfe830eefdd7f1e7cb87e9841d1d732d6d99ffae

pev

7. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 24 Jun Link to this post

Hello,

The jQuery version is still 1.11.1. However, I want to assure you that I have raised the priority of this task and it will be updated soon.

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  8. pev
    pev avatar
    10 posts

Posted 27 Jun in reply to Pavlina Link to this post

Thank you for a quick answer.

Is this "task" present in a public tracker? So I can follow the status.

pev

9. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 30 Jun Link to this post

Hello,

This task is in our backlog there is no public item for it.

Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  10. pev
    pev avatar
    10 posts

Posted 08 Aug in reply to Pavlina Link to this post

Hi Pavlina!

Are there any news on the jQuery update?

Any chance it will be in a SP for Q2? Can you confirm it will be present i Q3?

pev

11. Pavlina
    Admin
    Pavlina avatar
    6084 posts

Posted 11 Aug Link to this post

Hi,

An exact time frame has not been set, so I am afraid I cannot provide more specific information. You can keep an eye on the respective section in our documentation, which will be updated once the embedded jQuery version is changed.
    Regards,
    Pavlina
    Telerik by Progress
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017