This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Which is preferred and recommended way to create skins?

2 Answers 26 Views
Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Wiesław
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wiesław asked on 08 May 2015, 06:53 AM

Which is prefered and recommended way to create custom skins?

I know that i can create skin with Visual Style Builder and compile it with acTelerikStylesAssembly to DLL library, which i can attache to SkinManager etc.

I know that i can copy files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2015\Skins, rename it with acTelerikStylesRenaming or manual and place them in App_Themes folder etc.

But...

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\UI for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2015\Skins subfolders i have more folders and files than in skin *.zip file downloaded from VisualStyleBuilder. Why? If i create two skins by two different ways, my application will be working in the same way and looks great with both skins?

I must create four skins for my application (light and dark for normal users and two high contrast for users with some dysfunction), and this will be hard work for me, that i must know how to make it with minimal effort.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Bozhidar
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2015, 07:08 AM
Hi,

This is a duplicate topic to the one posted here:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/which-is-preferred-and-recommended-way-to-create-skins

So I'm closing this thread and will ask you to continue the discussion in the first one.

Regards,
Bozhidar
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Wiesław
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2015, 12:36 PM
It was problem with my browser, so I accidentially re-submit form and start two threads. Sorry.
Tags
Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Wiesław
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bozhidar
Telerik team
Wiesław
Top achievements
Rank 1