This demo page: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/searchbox/examples/programming/serverevents/defaultcs.aspx
shows that the RadSearchBox has a server event called OnDataRequesting. However, I do not ever see that event fire in the event log on the demo page. Also, I do not see that event in the version of the RadSearchBox control I have (2014.1.225.40). I have found no demos that refer to that event.
Using the demo page and Fiddler, I see that when I type in a character, there IS a postback but no event is raised so I need to use Init or Load to capture it.
I expected that there would be an event similar to the ItemsRequested event in the RadComboBox which is working fine for me (but I want something a little more 'searchy' and the RadSearchBox looked good).
1. Is there supposed to be an OnDataRequesting server event in the RadSearchBox?
2. If so, is it supposed to behave similarly to the ItemsRequested event in the RadComboBox? I.e. it fires when a character is typed into the text box.
3. I have already looked at the version history and have seen no mention of this. Has something changed in this area since version 2014.1.225.40?
4. The RadComboBox makes it easy to provide paged results. Is this possible using the RadSearchBox?
5. The RadComboBox automatically highlights the matched texts. Is this possible using the Rad SearchBox?