This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

What Version of OpenAccess is needed to support SS 2012?

3 Answers 116 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Neil asked on 19 Jun 2012, 11:17 PM
I'm currently using 2011.2.713.3, and when I lauch my application that uses a 2012 database I get the following error,

Unexpected exception in in GetNewObjectScope: The metadata for field 'actionDescription' of class 'ppiatm.QAReporter.Data.ActionItem' cannot be initialized: SQLDriver not initialized with server version.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: QAReporterCommon.CouldNotGetScopeException: Unexpected exception in in GetNewObjectScope: The metadata for field 'actionDescription' of class 'ppiatm.QAReporter.Data.ActionItem' cannot be initialized: SQLDriver not initialized with server version.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivailo
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Neil,

MS SQL Server 2012  is supported by OpenAccess ORM in Q1 2012 SP1 and Q2 2012. You can refer to our upgrade article for some more information regarding how to change the OpenAccess ORM version you are using once you have installed the new one.

The good news are that the OpenAccess ORM Free Edition is now released without any functional limitations, so you can directly download and use it.  On the other hand, in case you would like to receive 24h priority support package you should go for our Premium or Ultimate Collection.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Greetings,
Ivailo
the Telerik team
OpenAccess ORM Q2'12 Now Available! Get your hands on all the new stuff.
Chinthaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2012, 06:23 AM
I'm getting the same error,
       Installed Telerik_OpenAccess_ORM_SDK_2012_3_1012.msi , but still not working.
Ady
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 11:22 AM
Hi Chinthaka,

You need to download the latest product and not just the SDK. The SDK is a set of examples, the latest runtime is a part of the product.

Greetings,
Ady
the Telerik team
Telerik OpenAccess ORM Meets ASP.NET Web API. Read more.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivailo
Telerik team
Chinthaka
Top achievements
Rank 1