This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Week number

6 Answers 41 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joe asked on 07 Jul 2016, 03:52 PM

I am using RadControls from "TelerikUI.UniversalWindowsPlatform": "2016.2.608.45"

I'm experiencing some inconsistencies with week number on the RadCalendar.  The desired behavior is to show a month at a time, with the week number shown on each Sunday cell, and Sunday is the first day of the week.  I am using the WeekNumberCellStyle to display it.  It looks fine visually but the data is incorrect for a couple months.

In months where the first of the month is a Sunday, the entire previous week is shown in the top row, which puts the first week of that month in the second row.  However the week numbers are displayed as if the first of that month is in the top row.  As a result, the week numbers are all shown as one higher for that month.  When viewing the months before and after, the week numbers are all shown correctly.

The first instance this can be seen is when comparing Dec 2016 to Jan 2017.  When viewing Dec 2016, the first week is Week 47: Sun Nov 27-Sat Dec 3, and the last visible row is Week 1: Sun Jan 1-Sat Jan 7.  This is correct.  But when viewing Jan 2017, the first row is Week 1: Sun Dec 25-Sat Dec 31, second row is Week 2: Sun Jan 1-Sat Jan 7, etc., through Week 6: Sun Jan 29-Sat Feb 4.  The week numbers for all of these are incorrect.  When viewing Feb 2017, the week numbers correct themselves.  The first row is Week 5: Sun Jan 29-Sat Feb 4.

The problem also occurs in Oct 2017, Apr 2018, and so forth.

Can someone please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug and will be fixed?

Thanks,

Joe

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2016, 07:18 AM
Hello Joe,

You are right for the behavior of the RadCalendar. We can confirm it is a bug in our components. This is why we logged it in our backlog system and set its priority to match the priority of a customer report. As a small sign of appreciation we updated your Telerik account (+500 points).
At the the time of writing we cannot bind to any specific time frame for providing a fix for it.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2016, 02:26 PM
Thanks very much Pavel.  In the mean time, is there any workaround that we can use, until a proper fix is available?
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2016, 08:22 AM
Hi Joe,

I am afraid there's no applicable workaround for this. Please, accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Ves
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2016, 03:37 PM

Hello,

Are there any updates on this issue?  We will be shipping our product in the coming weeks and will need to document this as a known issue if we are unable to get in a fix.

Thanks,

Joe

Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2016, 08:03 AM
Hi Joe,

We managed to fix this issue in our source code. This means that it will be available with our next official release. We will try to prepare a release by the end of this month.

Please stay tuned for any updates.

Regards,
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik by Progress
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks very much, Pavel.  We're very excited to hear that!
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1