WebServiceSettings error

2 posts, 1 answers
  1. Dan
    Dan avatar
    25 posts
    Member since:
    May 2008

    Posted 08 Feb 2012 Link to this post

    I've found what I think is a bug with the RadMenu control in the newest version of the RadControls (2011.3.1305). I had created a static RadMenu control (i.e. items defined at design time, using the smart tags) before the latest upgrade, and the generated code looked like this:

    <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu2" runat="server">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ImageUrl="..." Text="..." >
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ImageUrl="..." Text="..." NavigateUrl="...">
                    </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    [... several more items ...]
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadMenuItem>
        </Items>
        <WebServiceSettings>
            <ODataSettings InitialContainerName="">
            </ODataSettings>
        </WebServiceSettings>
    </telerik:RadMenu>

    This worked fine before the upgrade, but after we upgraded to the newest version, I started getting the following error in the Chrome developer console on the page that contained the control:

    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Name' of undefined
    b.ODataBinderTree._buildNodeScriptResource.axd:27
    b.ODataBinderTree._buildTreeScriptResource.axd:23
    b.ODataBinderTreeScriptResource.axd:17
    b.NavigationControlODataSettingsScriptResource.axd:7
    a.RadMenu.set_webServiceSettingsScriptResource.axd:425
    Sys$Component$_setPropertiesScriptResource.axd:3758
    Sys$Component$createScriptResource.axd:3816
    (anonymous function)http://[websitename]/:856
    (anonymous function)ScriptResource.axd:3484
    Sys$_Application$_raiseInitScriptResource.axd:5078
    Sys$_Application$initializeScriptResource.axd:4928
    initScriptResource.axd:5032
    Sys$_Application$_domReady.document.addEventListener.check

    The RadMenu still displayed, but the dropdown wouldn't work, and other RadControls that appeared later on the page didn't work, probably because the browser simply stopped loading scripts at that point. The fix was to comment out the <WebServiceSettings> tag, which made the error disappear and the functionality return to normal. Since it was a static menu anyway, the functioning of the menu wasn't affected. I figured I'd post this here to help others who might have the same problem, and it might also be something the developers would want to patch in a future version of the controls.
  2. Answer
    Genady Sergeev
    Admin
    Genady Sergeev avatar
    1596 posts

    Posted 13 Feb 2012 Link to this post

    Hello Dan Jones,

    This is a known bug in the Q3 SP1 release of the RadControls. Please take a look at this forum post for details on how to resolve the problem.

    Greetings,
    Genady Sergeev
    the Telerik team
    Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
Back to Top