thanks for your feedback, and please excuse me for my late replying.
As a general info, I want to specify that I developed this scheduler
page without using the AdvancedForm feature. I rather developed an
AdvancedForm emulation by using a modal RadWindow, so that I have really
total client-side control over the appointment form features.
Regarding the issue:
I had already included in my application the setup and code from the link that you provided. I did this in order to fix the error 401 issue (and I was successful in that).
- In browser tab 1, I open the app's home page
- In browser tab 2, I open the app's scheduler page, which shows appointments for the current week
- In browser tab 1, I perform the logout from the app
- In browser tab 2, I perform one scheduler navigation command (for example: click on previous week button)
- An alert box showing userid and password fields requires a new authentication. This alert box is something built-in into the browser, not controlled by my app. No authenthication is really possible here, as it always says that credentials entered are not correct.
Before the alert box is shown, the browser debugger showed me that script execution entered the OnClientAppointmentsPopulating event, and did not enter the OnClientResourcesPopulating event (I put a "debugger" statement in both; I purposedly created the OnClientResourcesPopulating event, because it is not required by my code as resources populating is performed by code-behind on page load). The alert was shown right after entering the OnClientRequestFailed event.
In my example I forced the user disconnection, but the same happens (as I wrote in the original post) if some time elapses before user performs any command on the scheduler, and user logon session expires.
What I need is to understand how to make the browser authentication work, as it currently does not accept any user id / password, and keeps on saying "Authentication failed".