This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WCF RIA Services

16 Answers 238 Views
Integration with other products
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tolo Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tolo Oliver asked on 20 Nov 2009, 09:24 AM

Can you tell me if WCF Ria Services is fully supported by OpenAccess ORM?

Thanks

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2009, 08:03 AM
Hello Tolo Oliver,
Currently we are working on a domain service implementation for Ria Services, but for the moment we cannot provide you with support for this technology. We are targeting a possible complete implementation for mid to late January. Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Iosu Buenetxea
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2010, 07:28 PM
Hi
we are at late January.. :-)

how is going the implementation of OA with Ria Services??

We are going to start a new proyect and I would like to use bouth OA and Ria Services.. (can be 2008 0 2010 beta 2)

Thanks!
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi JUAN CRESPO,

We are still working on our RIA provider implementation. We are going to provide much improvements to our product one of which will be complete support for RIA that should be present in Q1. Because we are targeting great improvements I cannot guarantee that the full implementation will be available in any betas prior to the Q (in case we release betas). Nevertheless stay tuned because we will provide lots and lots of goodies with this release.

Sincerely yours,
Petar
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Iosu Buenetxea
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Feb 2010, 09:24 AM
HI

When do you expet to have Q1?

thanks!
Iosu Buenetxea
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2010, 10:20 PM
hi

anybody at home?? :-)

thanks!
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2010, 07:37 AM
Hello JUAN CRESPO,

The Q1 release is expected to be released early March 2010.

Best wishes,
Petar
the Telerik team

Follow the status of features or bugs in PITS and vote for them to affect their priority.
Iosu Buenetxea
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2010, 02:31 AM
HI

I have check Q1 2010, and it does not support RIA Services.. When do you spect to support it?

Thanks!
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 02:54 PM
Hello JUAN CRESPO,

As you have most probably already seen there are some major changes and improvements in Telerik OpenAccess ORM. While those improvements are one great step for OpenAccess they took a long time to implement and this inevitably led to less development time for our RIA provider. However we acknowledge the need to support RIA data services and we are currently working on providing a stand alone project that will work as a RIA provider (something similar to what we did with the ADO data services). This stand alone project will target full support for the latest RC for RIA data services where lots of changes have been introduced compared to the old PDC release. We expect that this project will be released for one of our next service packs.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Frederik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2010, 03:37 PM
Hello Petar,

I'm very interested in the OpenAcces ORM RIA Services too. Is there any change to get an information via E-Mail if the RIA Provider is available?

Thanks,
Frederik
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi Frederik,

You can subscribe for this thread. I will post here once we have something to show. Please let us know if that suits you.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Frederik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 02:14 PM
Hello Petar,

just did it with my last post ;)
It will be the best way.

Thanks and best regards,
Frederik
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 14 Apr 2010, 03:21 AM
I think the domain service is out now. But i think youcan onlyhave it in a separate downalod, not in the "official" release for now.

http://www.telerik.com/products/orm/telerik-data-services-wizard.aspx

My quesiton is: Do you will fully support VS2010 (with your designer) at the end of this VS2010 release week?
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 08:19 AM
Hello Pierre,

You are correct. The Telerik Data Services Wizard is still not integrated in Telerik OpenAccess ORM and that is why it is still available as a separate download.
We hope that we can deliver a version of the Visual Designer that supports VS2010 by the end of next week.

Kind regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Pierre,

We have integrated the Telerik Data Services wizard into Telerik OpenAccess with our latest service pack that we have just uploaded (version: 2010.1.527.1). The Visual Designer also supports Visual Studio 2010 now. Please feel free to give it a try.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

Orhan Can
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2010, 09:00 PM
Hi, RIA means ADOBE RIA?
Supporting Flex data services, producing services for FlashBuilder  4 by  ORM ?
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2010, 11:26 AM
Hello Orhan Can,

RIA refers to wcf ria data services. Additional information can be found here
Our ORM is .net oriented and flex data services are not supported.

Best wishes,
Petar
the Telerik team
Accelerate your learning with industry's first Telerik OpenAccess ORM SDK. Download today.
Tags
Integration with other products
Asked by
Tolo Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
Iosu Buenetxea
Top achievements
Rank 1