This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Want to see my model after the Q1 2011 update?

7 Answers 52 Views
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 16 Mar 2011, 03:43 PM
Lost all formatting :)

Is there an auto-formatter somewhere?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 03:46 PM
FYI, I do really love the new separation of properties and navigation items now :)

Is there some way to sort those guys yet though?
Accepted
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 05:36 PM
Hello Steve,

You can automatically arrange the Auto Layout diagram using the visual designer toolbar command. Additional information can be found here.
As for the sorting - yes you are available to move up and down the normal properties (currently this is not available for navigational properties). The way to do so is:
1. Right click on a property.
2. Choose Diagram Options.
3. Choose Move Up/Move down.

We are happy you are enjoying the new separation of properties. If you are willing to share it with us, we will be very happy to hear your feedback on the rest of the new functionality we have added.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Accepted
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 05:41 PM
Hello Steve,

P.S. We also have a short key for moving properties up and down. If you select a property and press alt + up it will be moved one space up. Respectively alt+down moves it one space down.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 05:55 PM
Well there's no release notes to look at to see the other features added :)  The new larger settings dialog is way improved, but I don't see any new options there (anything I'd use anyway).  I was on 2010.3.1306.1 already so there just might not be that much new for me?

All my unit tests of the model passed on the first try, this is the first release in which I haven't had any issues :) 

Wishlist:
1) AutoLayout worked, but didn't group in any sort of logical order (namespacing, entity names, etc)...all just a jumble again
2) Ability to auto-set WIDTHS on the entities as they're all too short and the only option is select all and make them all the same width
3) Layout filling left to right instead of up and down...or both :)
4) Master of shared column problem fixed

(Moving items up\down was also big on my list, thanks :)
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 06:12 PM
Hi Steve,

Those are good points that we had in our plans for this release. However some more urgent things took our time and there was simply no time to implement this functionality. I am sure that you will be happily surprised in one of our next service packs.

P.S. Another feature you might find useful is the now available coloring of the dsl classes. If you select a dsl class and go to its properties (F4) you will see that there is a property called fill color that can be changed. From there you can change the color of each of your classes.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 06:16 PM
AH!  See I love that, way easier to visualize a massive model

Cool idea
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 16 Mar 2011, 07:18 PM
After playing with this for an hour or so...I LOVE it.  It's so much easier to visualize everything in my model!

Blog post about this feature

Like I can colorize everything, then zoom out to where I cant even read anything and be able to move items around so their colors are close to eachother...AWESOME
Tags
Design Time (Visual Designer & Tools)
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2