This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

vs2010 ToolBox Configurator

3 Answers 126 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 17 Feb 2012, 12:25 AM
I can manually add telerick controls to my ToolBox in silverlight 5 project,
but  when I use the menu "launch ToolBox Configurator", no controls are added to the toolbox.

My os is winxp with silver light 5 only (silverlight 4 has been uninstalled).

When i run  "C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2012\Demos\Examples.Silverlight\Default.xaml 1 1 Examples.Silverlight" ,
 I get the error: Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'Telerik.Windows.QuickStartLoader'

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 03:49 PM
Hello Peter,

Very sorry for the inconvenience!

Regarding the Toolbox Configurator - Can you please verify that the Visual Studio extensions are the correct version? (You can go to Visual Studio | Tools | Extension Manager and verify the version is 2012.1.214.0 ). If they are not you can try updating and trying the configurator again.

Regarding the run error - Have you tried cleaning and rebuilding the solution? Make sure that you run the Visual Studio as administrator as this could cause the issue as well.

I hope we resolve the issue soon.

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 05:26 PM
These are the following extensions installed in vs2010 for telerik:

1) Telerik silverlight VSextensions  version 2012.1.214.0

2) Telerik UsersSettings VSextensions  version 1.1

3) Telerik.CommonPackage version 1.0

I am running vs2010 in Xp.

Thanks
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 05:24 PM
Hello Peter,

In regard to the Examples.Silverlight issue - The entry point to the examples is ExamplesCS_SL.sln  - you should not open Examples.Silverlight.csproj directly because it cannot find its dependancies unless they are added to the solution.

In regard to the toolbox issue - the Launch Toolbox Configurator wizard does not currently filter the Silverlight Runtime version. If you are using Silverlight 5 project make sure the controls version you choose ends with 1050 or else you will not see it in the toolbox. Similarly, if you choose 1040 version you will see it in the toolbox for Silverlight 4 projects only.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to write if the issues persist.

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Teodor
Telerik team
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1